A downloadable game for Windows
Humanity had taken its first tentative steps in space, but the inadvertent destruction of Earth has plunged the galaxy into a new dark age. Hundreds of years later, the surviving colonies have stabilised into a simple feudal society, unable to understand or extend the technological artifacts they use to survive. An aristocratic elite fight between themselves for the right to rule over the scattered fragments of human kind.
You are the leader of a faction of star systems, seeking to ensure the survival and prosperity of your dynasty. Expand your empire, herd your unruly vassals, build political alliances, and navigate a web of agendas and social obligations to emerge as the dominant power of the galaxy.
- Take on the role of the head of a political family through multiple generations, and lead it to dominance over the remnants of human civilization
- Uphold the traditions and laws of society and earn a reputation for honor, or seize power and risk turning the galaxy against you
- Interact with hundreds of characters with realistic personalities, emotions, and relationships
- Punish those that have wronged you, and reward your allies
- Experience an emergent narrative of personal and political drama
For more about Star Dynasties, read the Core Concepts blog post.
- Reddit: /r/stardynasties
- Twitter: @glenpawley
- Facebook: @StarDynasties
- Discord: https://discord.gg/kK4njUq
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSCdNMHpHPUDx1y8x2pyJkQ
I'm currently running an alpha with a limited number of players. All the keys for the alpha have now been taken! Thank you very much to everyone that claimed access through itch.io or sent me an email asking for a key. It's great to see so many people interested in the game, and to start seeing feedback come in!
If you didn't get a key, please follow the game on itch.io or sign up to the mailing list. That way you will be the first to know when I open up the alpha to more players. And if you're interested to see the alpha feedback, check out the reddit.
- Release Notes - version 0.5.0.038 days ago
- April Progress UpdateApr 19, 2019
- March Progress UpdateMar 07, 2019
- Release Notes - version 0.4.0.1Jan 30, 2019
- General UpdateJan 08, 2019
- Release Notes - version 0.3.1.0Oct 30, 2018
- Next Content AreasOct 22, 2018
- Release Notes - version 0.3.0.1Oct 19, 2018